Global invitation to join in prayer with the Holy Father
Pope Francis has invited all the bishops of the world, along with their priests, to join him in prayer for peace and in the consecration and entrustment of Russia and Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Friday, March 25 at 10:30AM, the solemnity of the Annunciation.
You can participate in the consecration three ways:
- Watch Pope Francis from Rome at 10:30 am PT on Vatican TV livestream
- Participate with your parish
- Join Bishop Eusebio Elizondo at St. James Cathedral to unite our prayers to the Holy Father’s intentions at the same time the prayers and consecration are happening in Rome. Archbishop Etienne will be in Chicago for a bishops’ conference this Friday and will be praying with his brother bishops and the universal Church during the Consecration.
Full schedule at St. James Cathedral, Friday, March 25:
8:00 am: Mass followed by Exposition
10:00 am: Bilingual Rosary led by Bishop Elizondo
10:30 am: Act of Consecration in English and Spanish led by Bishop Elizondo
10:45 am simple Reposition of the Blessed Sacrament
All are welcome to join us in person or by livestream.
Livestreamed on Vimeo or Facebook @ArchdioceseofSeattle.
Click here for the Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
If you can’t do any of the above, below are other ways to participate:
- Pause at 10:30 a.m. or at another time during the day to offer a period of silence, a decade of the Rosary and/or some other form of prayer.
- Spend time in prayer with the Blessed Sacrament.
- We are encouraging our Catholic Schools to unite in prayer with the students at 10:30 am.