The Science Standards Committee worked with the Office for Catholic Schools to assist all schools in the Archdiocese to develop a process to implement math practices and review standards for the annual in-depth study. The sections included in this tool-kit that correspond directly with the In-Depth Study:
- Analyze curriculum and assessment data
- Use curriculum standards
- Identify instructional methodology to support all students
The Western Catholic Education Association have identified five In-Depth Study Outcomes:
- To look carefully at each curriculum area by reviewing how and to what extent the school’s curriculum supports high achievement of all students
- To identify significant accomplishments that have had a positive impact on student achievement
- To identify areas that should be address to increase student learning
- To assist schools in completing the Self-Study for school accreditation
- To assist schools in making the connection between In-Depth Studies and school accreditation
Please find the link to the tool-kit below. It is our hope that this tool-kit will offer support to schools investing in content area in-depth studies.
A new addition to this tool-kit is a listing of resources relative to professional development in the area of science education and/or STEM education.