This tool was developed by the Office for Catholic Schools for school leadership to visualize the rhythm of a school year.
2020-2021 Principal Monthly Tasks
- August 6th – NWEA MAP Rostering Training– (10-11:30am)
- August 6th – COVID Facilities Training– (1-2:30PM)
- August 10th– Register for and attend –Kick Start Principal Meeting
- August 12th – High School – Have newly hired teachers attend New Teacher Orientation
- August 13th – Elementary – Have newly hired teachers attend New Teacher Orientation
- August 15th – School Reopening Plans- due to OCS
- Post COVID-19 signage for the opening of school
- Final Communication with families on key factors for the opening of school
- Staff List Updates
- Check with Parish on needed school items for the Parish Annual Report
- Edit “School Finder” at SeattleArchdiocese.org
- Map out Curriculum and Assessment work to be done this year
- Review Emergency Plan: Lockdown, Fire, Earthquake
- Review Records Retention Schedule for Archdiocesan Catholic Schools and Archives
- Faculty In-service: Review Personnel section of Handbook and have teachers complete sign-off sheet (don’t they sign if they are new but should review key items for opening this fall)
- Confirm Safe Environment Participation and add sign off sheet to files
- Design and facilitate New Parent Orientation
- September 3rd by 3 PM – MAP ROSTERING due to NWEA
- September 11 – October 30th: NWEA MAP Fall Testing Window
- Check hire dates and re-do staff background checks older than 3 years
- Send your school’s COVID-19 Supervisor name and contact info directly to Teresa.Fewel@seattlearch.org
- Coming soon: Directions to complete the annual All-School Directory
- Check new hires for background check and Safe Environment Compliance (www.virtusonline.org)
- Practice fire, earthquake and lockdown drills (schedule for regular monthly practices – See OSPI 20-21 Safety Drill Guidance)
- Fall School Data Collection – due October 1st
- Send a sign up for our September 22nd Lunch and Learn (12pm-1pm) to teachers! Click here for registration.
- Attend and share dates for Enrollment and Marketing Workshops. Click HERE for the schedule
- Designate a Fulcrum Tuition Assistance Grant Program (TAP) Coordinator –SurveyMonkey Link
- September 30th– Fulcrum School Partnership Grants Application Opens (Deadline October 30th)
- Prepare for Government Programs consultation process
- School Handbooks shared and signed off by parents
- Check back with your local school district (LEA) for final approval of ESSER Plans; Covid-19 related themes
- ONGOING: Annual In-Service Requirements for Licensed Program (Must be completed July 1st, 2020 – June 30th, 2021): Click Here
- ONGOING: CPR/FA Renewals for Staff during Covid-19: Click Here
- ONGOING: Annual Maintaining of License Tasks: Click Here
- Due October 1st – Fall Data Collection
- October 1-Fulcrum Tuition Assistance Grants Program opens (Deadline 1/8/21)
- October 1- Ultipro will have a name change UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) If you have any questions regarding this change, please contact the IPBSO at (206)382-4566 or by email at BenefitsServices@seattlearch.org.
- Christ in the Classroom Local Retreats – Update
- NWEA MAP testing window closes October 30th* at 3pm (Updated on 9/23/2020)
- GRACE teacher leader meetings Oct. 19th-26th (regionally) – all meetings are via ZOOM from 3:30-5pm
- A summary of changes to the Records Retention Schedule for Archdiocesan Catholic Schools. These updates reflect feedback from school personnel, changes in legislation, and input from our legal team. Please make sure all appropriate staff in your offices are aware of them. The actual policies themselves are located here: http://www.seattlearchdiocese.org/Archives/policies.aspx
- OSPI – DOH Immunization Reports: All private schools and licensed preschools must report the immunization status of students by Nov. 1 each year per state law (WAC 246-105-060).
- Mandatory State Compliance: Enrollment & Staff Reporting: The annual Enrollment and Staff report is due on November 15th. Please use your enrollment as of October 1st to complete this report. Please note that the State Board of Education is now the entity that controls this report, not OSPI. If you have questions about completing this report, or need a new EDS login, contact Linda Drake (email@example.com) or Parker Teed (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the SBE. Click here to access the EDS system. Click here for instructions on how to complete the report. Make sure you “Submit” both enrollment and staff reports—“Saving” does not submit the report to this office.
- Principal Leadership Meeting – October 29, 2020 – virtual meeting
- Attend and share dates for Enrollment and Marketing Workshops. Click HERE for the schedule
Important Dates & Tasks
- November 1: GRACE teacher leaders create PLCs during one of the November staff meeting times. Theme: MAP testing and data
- November 2: GRACE Regional Teacher Leader meeting, 3:30-5:00pm
- November 12: Complete Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) FACTS Enrollment Verification by November 12th.
- November 15: Mandatory State Compliance: Enrollment & Staff Reporting: Questions? email@example.com. Click here to access the EDS system.
- November 20: High School Leaders meeting, 7:30-9:00am please send Justyna King any agenda items before this date.(add link)
- November 20: Review Safe Environment Plan and set dates for student participation (Virtus)
- November 20: Safety Plan review and prepare emergency closures and notify all of procedures (example?)
- New E-Rate Schools: complete USAC registration ??
BEGIN planning for…
- Registration and re-enrollment. Include family income and home language surveys in re-enrollment forms (also available in Spanish on OCS website).
Early Learning Reminders…
- December 1: Fulcrum Tuition Assistance Applications
- Begin planning for Catholic Schools Week and registration for next school year
- Begin inviting donors for table for Celebration of Light
- Begin collecting information to complete Annual Accreditation Progress Report
- Review Snow Procedures
Early Learning Reminder…
- January 4: Winter MAP Rostering starts Monday and ends Friday, January 15th
- January 5: Attend NWEA Rostering meeting at 3:30pm (ZOOM)
- January 11th/14th/28th: Accreditation Meetings (WCEA protocols, FAQs, and future site visit planning) – details here
- January 14: Attend GRACE January Meeting with your teacher-leaders (new to GRACE) at 3:30-5:30pm (ZOOM)
- January 19: Winter MAP Assessment window open (ends February 12th 2021)
- January 21: Attend GRACE January Meeting with your teacher-leaders (seasoned teachers) at 3:30-5:30pm (ZOOM)
- January 28: DUE – Please Complete Plans for Curriculum Day on 3/12 (complete this chart!)
- January 29: Celebration of Light: Fulcrum Foundation
- January 31 to February 6: Celebrate a wonderful Catholic Schools Week
- Fulcrum Foundation Tuition Assistance Grants Applications due early January.
- Plan for new hires: Recruitment Timetable
- Register for Leadership Academy Meeting
- Begin 2021-2022 Academic Calendar Planning – Due March 1st
- Plan ahead for snow days – phone trees for staff and families; potential make-up days, employee pay for non-exempt (hourly employees)
- February 1 – Beginning of Black History Month. See Trello for resources.
- February 2 – NWEA MAP testing PM office hours with Mark D.
- February 4 – NWEA MAP testing AM office hours with Mark D.
- February 12 – MAP Winter Testing Window Closes by 3pm
- February 15 – President’s Day – Offices & Schools CLOSED
- February 19 – High School Principals & Leaders Meeting at 7:30am
- February 26 – OCS Curriculum Day Registrations DUE for 3/12 PD
- Christ in the Classroom Retreats occurring locally
- ACRE Assessment materials for Grades 5 and 8 for APRIL testing window
- Teacher Intent and Recruitment: Memo and Form
- Employment Issues: Memo
- Consultation Preparation – Title I: Prepare lists of the addresses of low income students by public school district to discuss during Title I consultation. – The process has changed. Stay tuned for updated forms and information.
- Submit your calendar for the 2021-2022 year to OCS by March 1st
- Plan your parent meeting for registration and State of the School
- Begin Lenten planning for staff and community (Lent is February 17 – April 3)
- March 1: 2021-2022 Academic Calendar – Due – contact Janeal Grosinger with any questions
- March 12: Archdiocesan Curriculum Day (PreK, K-8, and High School representatives) Pre-Registration Required by 2/26.
- March 15: OSPI Compliance – application will open on EDS. Complete the private School Intent to Participate in Federal Programs by April 15th. Remember to check ALL programs!
- Resignation/Termination of Employment Memo
- Review Summer Construction/Renovation Projects
- OSPI Compliance: Submit your request for Private School Annual Re-Approval by April 8!
- April 8: OSPI Compliance: Submit your request for Private School Annual Re-Approval. Review guidance from OCS.
- April 15th: GRACE New Teacher Leader Spring Meeting (3:30pm)
- April 22nd: GRACE Seasoned Teacher Leader Spring Meeting (3:30pm)
- April 26th: Spring MAP Rostering Window opens (through May 7th)
- Prepare 2021-2022 Employee Covenants
- Submit recipients for Staff Years of Service Awards
- Federal Funding Consultation with local district. Use this checklist.
- Send Employee Termination Report to Office for Catholic Schools for all employees not returning
- May 10th –June 4th: MAP SPRING Testing Window
- May 26th – June 12th: Spring Data Collection – (online survey)
- Submit Safe Environment compliance documents
- Prepare and collect signed covenants
- Register for Accreditation Visiting Team Members
- Order any necessary Service Awards for your teachers/ staff
- Order 7th Grade Student Service Awards pins and ribbons – print out certificates
- Send student records to high schools
- June 4th – MAP Spring Testing Window closes
- June 11th – Register your 21-22 GRACE team for next year
- June 23rd – GRACE Teacher Leader Forum 2021 (Virtual)
- Submit staff list updates- TBA
- Final Edit “School Finder” at www.SeattleArchdiocese.org
- Review Records Retention Schedule for Archdiocesan Catholic Schools
- 2021 New Principals’ Orientation – TBA
- 2021 New Teachers’ Orientation – TBA
- Plan for School’s Faculty and Staff In-Service Days in August
- OSPI Compliance: Weapons Reporting usually is mailed to the school in mid-May. Reports are due in July. This is a report of any weapons incidents at your school during this past school year. The form must be completed even if you have no incidents to report. OSPI link
- Check with your PAA or parish bookkeeper on what information will be needed from the school for the Archdiocese Annual Report due Aug. 15.