- This event has passed.
Archdiocesan Catholic School Counselors & Mental Health Ministry Meeting – March 15, 2019
March 15 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Please join the Mental Health Ministry Committee and the Office for Catholic Schools for a meeting with our school counselors.
- WHEN: Friday, March 15, 2019
- TIME: 9 AM – 2:30 PM
- WHERE: Isaac Orr Conference Room, The Chancery, 910 Marion St. Seattle, WA 98104
- ATTENDEES: Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic High School and Elementary Schools Counselors, Diversified Learners Committee, Archdiocese of Seattle Mental Health Committee
PURPOSE FOR THE MEETING:
Convene school personnel responsible for the social-emotional-behavior health of students in the Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools to strengthen the network of support for the students’ mental health challenges and share regional resources.
- To become more knowledgeable about Social-Emotional Learning programs for elementary, middle and high school students.
- To become a stronger advocate for SEL resources in your school.
- To serve as a resource for others on various ways schools implement SEL programming and other programs for dealing with self-harming behaviors.
- To strengthen the professional network among counselors and identify resources in each region of the Archdiocese.
AGENDA for the DAY
- 9:00 am – Welcome and Prayer
- 9:15 am – Guest speaker – Kari O’Driscoll, founder of the SELF Project, author of The Self Project for Parents, parent.
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:20 am – Two models for implementing SEL programming
- 12:00 pm – Lunch
- 1-2:00 pm – Suicide prevention specific training
- 2:00 pm – Next steps and Evaluation
Morning snacks and lunch will be provided.
Please look for parking in the P1 garage below the Isaac Orr Conference Room. If that lot is full, you can find additional parking in the Cabrini Parking Garage, across the street from O’Dea High School, and we will offer parking validation.
This event is hosted by the Office of Catholic Schools, the Office of Pastoral Ministries and the Archdiocesan Mental Health Ministry Committee.
To register for the event, please RSVP using the form below: