Diversified Learners Committee
Office for Catholic Schools – Archdiocese of Seattle
“Inclusion begins in our hearts. It begins with affirmation. We should open our hearts to one another and recognize the strengths of every person. When we open our hearts and our community to the gifts each person brings, we are all strengthened.” Cardinal Joseph Bernadin 11/12/06
Mission Statement: The Diversified Learners Committee (DLC) is a dynamic group of principals, teachers, and parents whose work is intended to support students of varying ability and diverse learning needs as inclusive members in Catholic school classrooms.
- The DLC commits to educating the whole child: spiritually, academically and socially.
- The DLC is rooted in the belief in general education that welcomes academic inclusion as a cornerstone of our mission.
- The DLC is dedicated to including exceptional learners in all Catholic schools.
- The DLC continually provides professional development to all faculty and staff.
- The DLC guides regional support between our Catholic schools in the teaching and learning of diverse learners.
- The DLC promotes the general education of ALL students through the sharing of resources.
- The DLC combines efforts with the Office for Pastoral Care to broaden the scope of archdiocesan services to those families most in need, working collaboratively with our school pastors and parish staff.
DL Committee Work
- The DL Committee would like to invite all school employees to study and use the electronic resources we have been gathering to assist you and your local community in serving all in our care. Please visit Diversified Learners Resources
- Great parent online resource to share and use is Understood.org
- See what is happening throughout western Washington! Please visit: Archdiocese of Seattle – Inclusion Ministry Facebook page
|FIND A SCHOOL SEARCH – Click here to find our schools moving with the call of inclusion! Gifted and Talented; Diversified Learners|