- This event has passed.
Faith Friends Open House – Dec. 12 Noon to 2PM
November 8, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pastoral Care and Outreach
Inclusion Ministry – Faith Friends Open House
December 12 from 10am-12pm, St. James Cathedral, Seattle
Archdiocesan Inclusion Ministry invites you to St. James Cathedral’s open house for the Faith Friends Program, an inclusion model for faith formation and sacramental prep for children and teens with disabilities.
St. James Cathedral’s Faith Friends program is a unique blend of our Faith Mentor faith formation program and parish youth inclusion ministry. The program’s goal is to give children and teens ages 7-18 with physical, cognitive and intellectual disabilities access to parish community, social events, and faith formation. Features of our program include:
- Faith Friends on Sundays: Twice Monthly Inclusive Social and Community Activities.
- Teen Time: Saturday afternoon once every other month. Teen only activities.
- Birthday Club: Celebrate your birthday with Faith Friends! (Every other month)
- Faith Mentors: Opportunity for one-to-one faith formation and/or Sacramental Preparation for each Faith Friend, allowing them to thrive on his/her own level, instruction provided by a Faith Mentor.
- Faith Friends are invited, encouraged, and accompanied to their participation in activities in St. James Children’s Faith Formation, Youth Ministry and other parish-wide events, liturgical celebrations appropriate to their needs and abilities.
- Parent/Caregiver respite time.
Perhaps the most unique aspect of the Faith Friends program is the Faith Peer program. Faith Peers are youth and young adults who have chosen to live out their discipleship and share some of their personal time in dedication and service to the goals of the program. After completing an intake process and training, these Faith Peers attend various monthly Faith Friend social events and other group activities. Faith Peers can also serve as a Faith Mentor by being paired with a Faith Friend.
Please email us for more information. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Faith Peers can qualify for high school service hours for their participation.