- This event has passed.
Saturday, August 17, 2019: WABIDA DYSLEXIA FAMILY FAIR
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
WABIDA DYSLEXIA FAMILY FAIR – August 17, 2019 9 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Hamlin Robinson School 1701 20th Avenue South Seattle, Washington 98144 (206) 763-1167.
The Washington State Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (WABIDA) serves as a resource for individuals and the groups seeking information about specific language disability/dyslexia; promotes and organizes classes and workshops to provide information for individuals with dyslexia, educators, parents and others; encourages the development of resources for individuals with dyslexia; recognizes achievement for individual efforts in the field of dyslexia; and when possible, offers monetary support for any of our stated goals. www.wabida.org
Come hear local experts share important information, advice and resources regarding navigating services, obtaining assessments, managing technology, advocating for your child, and more!
- Attend four break out sessions, choosing from several topics for each session.
- Hear from dyslexia specialists, advocates, student panels, as well as representatives from Microsoft, OSPI, and the Hallowell Todaro ADHD Center.
- Parents are welcome to attend without children.
- Each parent and child must have their own registration. Students 12+ may attend sessions separately from their parents.
- Free t-shirts while supplies last.
- Reception will be held after sessions to connect with other parents, as well as with local organizations.
- Three clock hours available—$10