|Next week is Laudato Si’ Week ! From May 16-24, the global Catholic community will celebrate the fifth anniversary of Pope Francis’ landmark encyclical letter, Laudato Si’: On Care for Our Common Home, through prayer, education, and online activities. The nine day celebration, with the theme “Everything is Connected” is sponsored by the Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development and led by a cohort of Catholic partners.
To participate and join in activities, we have created a special Laudato Si’ Week 2020 webpage where you will find a variety of events, activities, and resources.
Be sure to check out:
· The Global Day of Prayer on Sunday, May 24th (noon your time,) part of the core Laudato Si’ Week activities from the Vatican.
· Hope for Creation initiative and its related Climate Action 2020 Pledge (for ideas go here)
· Additional Laudato Si’ Week Activities sponsored by Catholic Climate Covenant partners
· “Earth Day at 50/Laudato Si’ at 5: An Urgent Appeal for Action” educational program (latest version available in English and Spanish)
· Prayer cards, bulletin inserts, and daily reflections from The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) (available in English and Spanish)
Laudato Si’ offers a vision for building a more just and sustainable world. The lessons of the encyclical can provide a path forward as societies emerge from the coronavirus pandemic, which has brought many parts of the world to a halt. Catholic Climate Covenant and its national Catholic partners invite everyone to participate in this global initiative and use the teachings of Laudato Si’ to guide our actions as we struggle, grow, and transform through this crisis together.
Catholic Climate Covenant