National Bullying Prevention Month is every October! Here are some resources for you:
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Cyberbullying Newsletter
- YouTube Videos to share
- The HIB Safety Center page
- Supporting adults with adult cyberbullying issues
- A helpful activity for school staff is to have staff read thru the list of apps and ask, “How many have you heard of?” or “How many do you regularly use?”
- You can follow the Cyberbullying Research Center on Twitter @onlinebullying .
THE GREAT SHAKEOUT!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Because Mother Nature can sometimes be nasty, please, please, please register your school for the Great WA ShakeOut coming October 15, 2020! The goal: 100% participation this year.
Outsmart the Quake! An Earthquake Preparedness Curriculum for Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Lesson 1 “Disasters are Preventable” Document
Lesson 1 “Disasters are Preventable” PowerPoint
Lesson 2 “Protect Yourself” Document
Lesson 2 “Protect Yourself” PowerPoint
Lesson 3 “Home Safety” Document
Lesson 3 “Home Safety” PowerPoint
Lesson 4 “Community Preparedness” Document
Lesson 4 “Community Preparedness” PowerPoint
20-21 ANNUAL SAFETY DRILLS FOR SCHOOLS – OSPI SAFETY DRILL PLANNING CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR based on 2019 –HB 1216 – Drill Requirements – OSPI -highly recommended for our Catholic schools to consider
These resources have been identified as a priority from the School Safety Center, OSPI.