Building Diversity and Inclusion Grant Program
The application window for this program opens on January 5, 2021. Application can be found HERE.
About the Program
The Fulcrum Foundation’s Building Diversity and Inclusion Grant Program is designed to assist schools in welcoming students, regardless of race, ethnicity, or class by increasing accessibility, promoting academic excellence and increasing cultural competency of teachers and staff. Grants through this program encourage schools to respect, celebrate and include the culture of each student as an integral part of a Catholic education and as a manifestation of Catholic identity.
Who can apply?
Any school in the Archdiocese of Seattle is eligible to apply for a grant through this program. Only one application per school will be accepted per year.
What can schools apply for?
Grants awarded through this program are typically in the $10,000 range, though the Committee will accept and consider comprehensive and compelling applications up to $20,000. Please feel free to contact Susan Ocoma (206.683.8881 or email@example.com) if you would like examples of projects or initiatives that have been funded in previous years or if you need assistance determining if the project or initiative you have in mind is a good fit for the program.
Grants awarded through this program are intended for needs in the following categories:
- Accessibility – enrollment management and marketing to attract and retain a diverse school community (students and staff)
- Academic Excellence – curriculum enhancement, improving school climate, implementing a new program to support mutual intercultural competency
- Professional Development – cultural competency and diversity training
How are awards determined?
Factors considered in determining grant awards and amounts include:
- Capacity to enrich or support archdiocesan or school-wide diversity goals
- Demonstration of financial need as related to goals articulated in grant categories above
- A clear connect to a plan: a strategic plan, curricular plan, enrollment/marketing plan or accreditation goals
When is the application deadline and when will grant determinations be announced?
Applications must be submitted by February 19, 2021 to be considered for funding. All applicants will receive notice regarding the outcome of their application by no later than April 30, 2021.
Susan Ocoma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Savannah Hawk, email@example.com