Early Learning Update Week of August 2nd
Each week I will send out an Early Learning Update email. These are meant to be quick updates on any relevant items for the week including resources, Professional Development, new health department info and more.
- All: Early Learning Landing Page
- All: Dave planning visits to Early Learning Programs
- All: Monthly meetings with Dick Abrams – Sign Up for Month!
- Licensed Only: Substitute Pool Hours
- Licensed Only: New MERIT Dashboard Webinar Tuesday, September 21st at 6pm
Please see this week’s professional development opportunities and news: https://mycatholicschool.org/for-catholic-schools/catholic-identity/early-learning/
Hello All: I hope that you are having a wonderful summer. Now that we are crossing into August the Weekly Early Learning Update will start again in preparation of the new school year. I hope that you find this weekly information/resources relevant and helpful in running your program. Please reach out to me at anytime if you have any questions or need support
Early Learning Landing Page
I wanted to provide a quick refresher on the resources available on the Early Learning Landing Page on MyCatholicschool.org – Early Learning – My Catholic School
- Preschool Finder: Please review your school information (contact, hours, ages) and get back to me if you see any changes that need to be made.
- Professional Development: Here you will find upcoming PD opportunities with direct links to registration (as a reminder staff in licensed programs need to complete 10 hours of STARS in-service from July 1st, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Early Learning Resources and News: Here you will find archived Early Learning Updates, Early Learning Roundtables, Licensed Program Webinars, Marketing Templates and Early Learning Curriculum Standards, News Articles and more
- Licensed Program Resources: Here you will find the Early Learning WAC’s, Forms and Documents, Staff Qualifications, Training, Requirements and more.
- Monthly Program Spotlight: We will quick start this in the Fall
Dave planning visits to Early Learning Programs
My hope is to visit each of your programs prior to the start of the school year for about an hour or hour and a half to connect with you and learn how I can best support you and your program this upcoming year. I have send individual emails to each of you and if you have not had the chance to respond please do so at your earliest convenience. If you have already responded I will be following up with you shortly to confirm the time/date and my visit.
Monthly Meetings with Dick Abrams – Sign up for a Month
Each month I meet with Dick Abrams, who started the Fulcrum ECE Fund that supports my position and our programs, to update him on Early Learning programming and needs in our archdiocese. Last winter as a part of that monthly meeting we had a director join for part of the meeting each month to give him a virtual tour of their program space and talk about the history, things they are most proud of and needs for their program. Dick really enjoyed these conversations and seeing all the programs. The meetings take place at 4pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Please let me know if you would like to join one of the meetings this school year and I will get you scheduled.
Licensed Only: DCYF Substitute Pool Hours
Effective July 1, licensed child care center providers participating in Early Achievers will have access to paid substitute time, up to five days (50 hours). Hours are first come, first served, and available until funding runs out.
Licensed child care center providers who do not participate in Early Achievers can access the State’s Early Care and Education Substitute Pool at their own expense through a private pay option. Click here to read the full update (in English, Spanish, and Somali).
For questions, email the State’s Substitute Pool Administrator, The Imagine Institute, at email@example.com or call 206-492-5249.
Licensed Only: New MERIT Dashboard Webinar Tuesday, September 21st at 6pm
The MERIT dashboard for licensed early learning professionals is getting a facelift.
The new dashboard will allow people to easily track qualifications and professional development progress and is expected to be available in the fall.
During this webinar, the PD team will:
- Demo the updated dashboard
- Navigate and show how to track qualifications progress
Have a great week!