Early Learning Update Week of January 11th
Each week I will send out an Early Learning Update email. These are meant to be quick updates on any relevant items for the week including resources, Professional Development, new health department info and more
- Updated Professional Development Trainings and Articles
- Early Learning Roundtable Series Thursday, January 21st from 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- City of Seattle Licensed programs ONLY: Seattle Department of Education and Early Learning Child Care Stabilization Grant
- Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Webinars
- Licensed ONLY: Office of Catholic Schools Program Webinar Series: Child Care Check Thursday, January 14th 4:15pm – 4:45pm
Please see this week’s professional development opportunities and news and bookmark the Early Learning Portal Page: https://mycatholicschool.org/for-catholic-schools/catholic-identity/early-learning/
Updated Professional Development and Articles:
I have added multiple new Professional Development opportunities on the Early Learning PD page that cover January and February. There are a lot of great topics and opportunities for your staff. Remember for licensed programs at the top of the page I have included the link to the form for you or your staff to fill out to be reimbursed for trainings through DCYF. You can only fill it out once a year, but can list multiple trainings on the form as long as they do not exceed $250 combined.
Professional Development Page – click on “Upcoming Trainings”
I have also added numerous new Early Learning articles to the Early Learning Resources and News Page. As we hold space to acknowledge and process the events that occurred in our Nation’s capital this week I have included some resources for Helping Children Cope with Violence and Traumatic Events.
Early Learning Resources and News Page – click on “Articles and Media”
Early Learning Program Roundtable Series Thursday, January 21st from 4:00pm – 4:45pm
Join other Early Learning Leaders from across the archdiocese for roundtable discussions on current relevant topics. We are hoping this can be a space each month to form community, share resources and learn from each other. The first topic will be “Classroom Centers and Social Distancing”. Please come to the Roundtable ready to share what you are doing to facilitate successful play centers while maintaining safety protocols for COVID-19.
SEATTLE LICENSED PROGRAMS ONLY: Seattle Department of Education and Early Learning Child Care Stabilization Grant
The City of Seattle has designated more than $2 million dollars for child care providers through our Child Care Stabilization Fund. Applications for grants will open January 15, 2021. Funding is available to licensed child care providers; family, friend, and neighbor caregivers; and school-age programs currently open and operating in Seattle.
- Grant applications will be available on Friday, January 15, 2021. Watch your email or follow @SeattleDEEL on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
- Applications will be open from Friday, January 15 through Wednesday, January 27, 2021 for licensed child care providers and school-age programs.
Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Webinars
DCYF has released their Winter Webinar series and there are a couple that might be interesting. Please see for topics, dates, times and registration info below.
- State-Approved Training Program: Are We Headed in the Right Direction? Thursday, January 14th at 6pm
DCYF has heard about the challenges within the state-approved training program. We invite you to hear what we learned and the next steps we are considering. Join us to let us know if we are headed in the right direction!
- Updates to DCYFtraining.com: Tuesday, January 19th at 6pm
Join us to see the latest updates made to DCYF Training. During this webinar, we’ll go over the following updates:
- Enhancements made to the way you find training.
- Customized training features based on your role.
- Review the latest trainings available like Safe Sleep, Child Care Basics, and Enhancing Quality of Early Learning (EQEL).
Licensed ONLY: Program Webinar Series: Child Care Check: Thursday, January 14th 4:15pm – 4:45pm
Mark your calendars for the Office of Catholic Schools first Licensed Program Webinar on Thursday, January 14th from 4:15pm – 4:45pm. This Webinar will focus on Child Care Check and how to update the information through your provider portal to make sure that all information is correct and up to date. If you are not able to join the Webinar live we will send a link to the recording and the slide deck following the session. Join Zoom Meeting here:
Thank you and have a great week!