Early Learning Newsletter April 12th
Early Learning Update Week of April 12th
Each week I will send out an Early Learning Update email. These are meant to be quick updates on any relevant items for the week including resources, Professional Development, new health department info and more.
- Child Care Exchange Resources and Magazine
- Licensed ONLY: Office of Catholic School April Licensed Program Webinar: Thursday, April 22nd 4:15 – 4:45pm MERIT Professional Record, Facility Tab and Staff Verification
- Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Webinars
- Licensed ONLY: DCYF and UW Cultivate Learning Center FREE STARS Virtual conference
- Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Spring COVID-19 Grant Opportunity
Please see this week’s professional development opportunities and news: https://mycatholicschool.org/for-catholic-schools/catholic-identity/early-learning/
Child Care Exchange Resources and Magazine:
Do you subscribe to Exchange Magazine? Child Care Exchange supports early childhood education professionals worldwide in their efforts to create thriving environments for children and adults. There are online and printed publication offerings with some resources and materials offered for free, and others for a small subscription rate. Click the link below to explore. Last Thursday they released a free streaming film called: Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years.
Licensed ONLY: Office of Catholic School April Licensed Program Webinar: Thursday, April 22nd 4:15 – 4:45pm MERIT Professional Record, Facility Tab and Staff Verification
Our April Licensed Program Webinar is coming up on Thursday, April 22nd from 4:15pm – 4:45pm. This month we will take a tour of MERIT and walk through the Professional Record tab, facility tab and Staff Verification. This will be a timely webinar as staff update their MERIT accounts in advance of the website integrating to a new platform. This will help you to complete your own information, help you guide your staff to make sure they are up to date and show you how to verify the trainings, work history and education your staff input. If you are unable to join we will record the session and send in the Early Learning Update following the meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Webinars:
DCYF has released their April and May Webinars. Please see below for topics, descriptions and registration information:
- Tuesday, April 20th at 6:00pm: Exploring the Covid-19 Toolkit:
Early learning providers have spent the last year adjusting to a new way of providing care to the children and families in our communities, and we know it hasn’t been easy. As a way to offer support, DCYF used CARES Actfunding to purchase materials and develop toolkits to use in classrooms when implementing COVID-19 guidance. Toolkits will be given to all licensed providers and distribution will begin in mid-April.
During this webinar, the PD team will cover the following topics in detail:
- Highlighting the toolkit materials
- Discussing ways to use the materials in the classroom
- Reviewing the COVID-19 tip-sheets and where to access them anytime
- Tuesday, May 18th at 6:00pm: Sneak Peek of new Staff Qualifications Webpage
We need your input! Join us for this live and interactive webinar as we navigate the new Staff Qualifications webpages. We heard your feedback and have worked hard to organize and update Staff Qualifications information so it’s easier to navigate and understand. The webpages are currently not live and we’d love to hear your thoughts before we open them up widely.
During this webinar, we will:
- Navigate the new Staff Qualifications webpages
- Explore content
- Seek feedback
Register: https://dcyf.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0uc yqrDgpG9Cyk4CZ_U8JmKxC6JPWpshA
Licensed ONLY: DCYF and UW Cultivate Learning Center FREE STARS Virtual conference
DCYF and the UW Cultivate Learning Center are presenting a FREE Virtual conference called Nurturing the Nurturer: Cultivating Educator Resilience and Wellness Thursday, May 13th – Saturday May 15th. This is a great opportunity for staff that are looking to complete their STARS hours for the year and also for staff that are looking for great topics about Nurturing the Individual and Nurturing the Educator. Most sessions are about one hour in length and there is no limit on how many sessions a staff can participate. Sessions focus on the following:
- Nurturing The Individual: Professional learning to help providers build resilience, stay energized, manage stressors and emotions, and practice mindfulness• Nurturing The Educator: Professional learning to help providers build capacity to integrate mindfulness into the classroom and develop mind-body wellnessPlease Register for the conference at this link: https://web.cvent.com/event/12d6e523-e756-4b45-b051-e56e95f02dd6/regProcessStep1 [web.cvent.com]
Licensed ONLY: Upcoming DCYF Spring COVID-19 Grant Opportunity
DCYF will be releasing information for their Spring COVID-19 Grant Opportunity on Tuesday, April 20th. I will attend the webinar that takes place at 1:00pm on the 20th and will send you all the detailed information and timeline for the grant and application.
Have a great week!