Dear School Office Colleagues,
Happy Spring! We hope you have been having a blessed Lenten season and a chance to enjoy the spring sunshine and blossoms as we near the time of rebirth at Easter.
As we find ourselves this final quarter of the school year, we would like to highlight the process of Clock Hour Applications. Clock hours are processed quarterly in our office, so the next window is for applications received between March 1 and June 15, which will be processed by July 15. Priority processing with be given to applications received before May 31.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING YOUR CLOCK HOUR APPLICATION
Clock Hour Application – complete this form and return to the Office for Catholic Schools
Attach the following to your application:
- Course Objectives
- Presenter Vita
- Agenda (Please note: if applying for PLC training or a series of workshops, all agendas with time noted must be submitted).
- Sign In Sheet (Please note: if applying for PLC training or a series of workshops, all sign in sheets must be submitted).
- Clock Hour Evaluation (Please note: if applying for PLC training or a series of workshops, you may conduct one evaluation at the end of the series. For GRACE PLC applications use this evaluation link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GRACE1819)
- Additional Documentation for PLCs/ Workshop Series* (see below)
We will only accept completed application forms with all required attachments.
Note that the State requires that an in-service cover a minimum of three (3) hours on a topic; however, the hours can be distributed over more than one day.
****Please note that the Christ in the Classroom Foundational Local Retreat is designed to be a 5 hour single setting experience and does not qualify for the PLC/Workshop Series clock hours. The OCS designs a completed CIC Clock hour application on behalf of all schools for each CIC Retreat. Schools ONLY need to submit local CIC Retreat agenda, CIC sign-in sheet, and complete the ONLINE CIC SurveyMonkey evaluation. These will be due June 30, 2019.
*If Applying for Clock Hours for PLC Training or a Series of Workshops, please:
• Include individual certificates for your teachers awarding clock hours based on their attendance. You can download the Clock Hour Certificate Template and create individual certificates for each PLC participant. Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed and Kristin will sign individual certificates.
• Contact Lisa O’Leary at email@example.com with questions about creating individual certificates.
For GRACE PLC Clock Hour Applications, review this document: Resource- PLC Clock Hours Instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
1. Send the complete application to: Lisa OLeary at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Every three months, our office will send the Clock Hour certificates to the schools who have applied with completed applications.
- Applications received between August 1 and October 30, will be processed during the first week of November
- Applications received between November 1 and February 28, will be processed during the first week of March
- Applications received between March 1 and June 15, will be processed by July 15. Priority processing with be given to applications received before May 31.
DON’T FORGET! 2019 YEARS OF SERVICE STAFF AWARDS
As a quick reminder, please have a representative from your school submit the names for Years of Service Staff Awards using our online form via SurveyMonkey by Friday, April 12, 2019. For any questions, please contact Eugenia Geisel. Information and certificate templates for the 7th Grade Student Awards can also be found under the Awards page for participating schools.
Quick School Office Links:
CHANCERY PARTNER HIGHLIGHT: The Benefits Services Office
We are so blessed to have an EXCELLENT Benefit Services Office here at the Archdiocese of Seattle. They are responsible for administers lay and priest health, welfare, pension plans, and payroll for the Catholic Church in Western Washington. (Reminder: For Payroll Personnel, see Payroll Services)
Toll Free: 800-950-4904
Key Link: The Benefits Services Office Communication Portal is a powerful website with interactive tools and videos to help our employees learn about their healthcare and other benefits with the Archdiocese of Seattle. You do need a password and username to access this website but it’s easy to reset your password if you can’t access your account. HR in Touch is a one stop shop for all things BENEFITS!
Please bookmark HR inTouch
April Key Events:
- HS Leadership Cohort 2 Meeting 3 – April 8
- Leadership Academy Meeting – April 9
- Development Seminar – April 30
- Prepare 2019 – 2020 Employee Covenants
- NCEA Convention: NCEA
- Submit recipients for Staff Years of Service Awards – Due April 12
- Federal Funding Consultation with local district. Use this checklist.
- Send Employee Termination Report to Office for Catholic Schools for all employees not returning
- Have your GRACE teacher leader team register for and attend their regional GRACE meeting for April.
- High School Leadership Cohort 2 – Register for Meeting 3 by April 4th
- OSPI Compliance: Submit your request for Private School Annual Re-Approval by April 8! Review guidance from OCS.
- Register for MAP May Workshop by April 26th
- Register for the GRACE forum by May 1st!
- Register your teacher leader team to participate in the GRACE program next year by June 1st.
THANK YOU for your hard work to open wide the doors to our Lord, Jesus Christ!
If I can be of service, please contact me!
Eugenia Geisel email@example.com