Dear School Office Colleagues,
Wishing you a blessed start to your Lenten Season. For many of us, March can be the beginning of a busy season! We hope you are blessed with some moments of peace during this Lent, and find that those times that may be challenging or overwhelming be opportunities for us to grow together in holiness.
Years of Service Staff Awards information has been published. Please refer to this link as your new landing page for all things awards. This year we have an online form via SurveyMonkey. Please have a representative submit the names for your school staff due for service awards using that form. The deadline for submission is Friday, April 12, 2019. For any questions, please contact Eugenia Geisel.
Information and certificate templates for the 7th Grade Student Awards can also be found under the Awards page for participating schools. There are four areas of leadership that can receive recognition: Academic, Co-curricular, Faith, and Community Service. Please contact Eugenia Geisel for any questions or to request pins.
Quick School Office Links:
- OCS Calendar & Events
- School Office Support – Updated Links!
- Resource Library
- Operations Calendar and Monthly Tasks
CHANCERY PARTNER HIGHLIGHT: Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
Rooted in Catholic Social Teaching and the Gospel imperative, Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services are outreaches of the Catholic Church in Western Washington.CCS and CHS answer the Gospel call to loving and compassionate service with particular concern for the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death and the dignity of the human person.
They have been leading the initiative throughout the Church in Western Washington for the Catholic Collaboration for Poor Families and Communities, through a new model led by Network Builders, serving regionally across several deaneries. The families they are serving include those in our own schools, parishes, and broader communities.
This month CCS and CHS are offering to our schools an opportunity to integrate awareness and advocacy with a lens of Catholic Social Teaching into our Catholic school classrooms. All our schools are invited to commemorate Cesar Chavez Day on March 31st and to honor his legacy, learn about the Dignity of Work as a teaching of our Church, and raise awareness on our food systems. Please see the article on our My Catholic School Website for more information, and contact Gloria Burton at email@example.com to find out how your school can participate.
- CCS and CHS homepage
- Catholic Social Teaching Summary
- Services Available & Their Impact
- Sign up for the Online Community to stay in the loop!
March Key Events:
- General and Special Education Conferences – March 5-7
- Social Studies Committee Meeting 3 – March 11
- Regional Curriculum Day – March 15
- School Counselors & Mental Health Ministry Meeting – March 15
- Mental Health Ministry Luncheon – March 20
- All Principals’ Meeting – March 21
- Inclusion Ministry Mass – March 23
- 2019-20 Academic Calendar – Due March 1st – contact Janeal Grosinger with any questions
- Resignation/Termination of Employment Memo
- Review Summer Construction/Renovation Projects
- Principals’ Meeting – March 21, 2019 – Please Register
- Secure funding and apply for clock hours – Regional Curriculum In-Service Day
- Preparations for the March Regional Curriculum Day
- OSPI Compliance: Submit your request for Private School Annual Re-Approval by April 10!
- Accreditation Progress Reports – please contact Janeal if you did not receive your form – Due March 31st
- Submit recipients for Staff Years of Service Awards – Due April 12
THANK YOU for your hard work to open wide the doors to our Lord, Jesus Christ!
If I can be of service, please contact me!
Eugenia Geisel firstname.lastname@example.org