Catholic Relief Services – Operation Rice Bowl – Grades 1-8 Resources for Lent
Our friends from the Seattle CRS Chapter want to support our teachers by highlighting rich global resources that can be used in our Grades 1-8 classrooms during the season of Lent.
Here is the School Resources website, which includes Lesson Plans and Activities for grades 1-8.
- Newsletter announcements – These short CRS weekly announcments could be a great way for the school or classroom teachers can guide school families on the journey of Lent.
- Stories of Hope: School Speaker Events: These events will feature speakers representing CRS’ work in Guatemala, Bangladesh and Rwanda. CRS’ speakers will dive deeper into the CRS Rice Bowl Stories of Hope, share their own stories and offer a peek into what it is like to live in the countries highlighted by CRS Rice Bowl.
March 17 at 10:00 a.m. PDT: Brenda Urizar—Guatemala
March 23 at 6:00 a.m. PDT (eep that’s early!): Kamal Mostafa—Bangladesh
March 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT: Yvonne Umurungi—Rwanda
- Here is the link to register
- Thank you for your consideration and your commitment to young people in our Catholic schools!
- Click here for full CRS Rice Bowl resources for all age groups!
Seattle CRS Chapter