HS Leadership Dinner 2024 – Please register here: High School Leadership Dinner with Archbishop 2024 – My Catholic School
Archbishop Etienne is looking forward to hosting a dinner for senior class officers and their school principals. **Please note date change** The dinner will take place on Monday, January 29, 2024 at 5:30 PM to 8 PM in the Isaac Orr Conference Room in the 910 Marion Building. Please register by Friday, January 12th, 2024.
I am asking that a school administrator represent each school, with a limit of five (5) student representatives per high school. Please let your students know that at some point during the evening, they may be asked to speak about how Catholic education is lived out at their school.
As a “thank you” to Archbishop Etienne for hosting the dinner, we would like to honor the good work of the St. James Cathedral Kitchen. The Cathedral Kitchen serves over 150 meals each day, Monday through Friday, totaling over 39,000 meals a year; to those living on the margins. In addition to the daily meals, the kitchen also offers clothing items to those in need. The items that we collected from you in previous years were greatly appreciated and we would like to encourage the schools to host the same drive again this school year.
We would like to have an assortment of items to bring to the Cathedral Kitchen again this year. If possible, please have your school host the following drive in honor of the Archbishop:
- Holy Names – winter hats/scarves
- Seattle Prep – socks (men’s wool or athletic)
- O’Dea – hand lotion, hand sanitizer – (small samples sizes as found in the dollar bins at Target) – you may want to create a small assortment into a Ziploc bag
- Seton Catholic –umbrellas and rain ponchos (inexpensive ones as found in the camping aisle of a Target)
- Forest Ridge – reusable water bottles
- Bellarmine Prep – winter gloves/mittens for men – L and XL
- Eastside Catholic – underwear (men, all sizes– packages only please)
- Bishop Blanchet – toiletries (small samples sizes as found in the dollar bins at Target) – you may want to create a small assortment into a Ziploc bag (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant)
- Archbishop Murphy – first aid items – (small samples sizes as found in the dollar bins at Target) – you may want to create a small assortment into a Ziploc bags (variety of band-aids, antiseptic, alcohol wipes)
- Kennedy Catholic – toothbrushes/toothpaste/mouthwash (small samples sizes as found in the dollar bins at Target) – you may want to create a small assortment into a Ziploc bag
- JP II – Hygiene items (small samples sizes as found in the dollar bins at Target) – again an assortment in Ziploc bags (combs, face wipes, Kleenex)
- St. Monica – Hand warmers, disposable razors, white undershirts (men, all sizes – packages only please).
This act of service of our schools is a wonderful reminder of the commitment to the principles of Catholic social teaching that each of your schools embodies as it lives its mission. You will be asked to please bring your donations to the dinner on January 29th.
We also ask that each school come prepared to give a brief presentation (1-2 minutes) to the Archbishop reflecting on how works of service move students from thinking in terms of our own personal mission toward a focus on God’s mission for our lives.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Edwards at 206-382-4861, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!