Early Learning Update Week of November 9th
Each week I will send out an Early Learning Update email. These are meant to be quick updates on any relevant items for the week including resources, Professional Development, new health department info and more. Please see this weeks news and bookmark the Early Learning Portal Page: https://mycatholicschool.org/for-catholic-schools/catholic-identity/early-learning/
- All: Summer Programs Question
- All: REPEAT FROM LAST WEEK: Please complete survey to determine your preferred meeting days/times
- Licensed Only: Professional Development Plans
- Licensed Only: DCYF Fall-Covid-19 Grants Application is Open
Early Learning Programs with Summer Programs
I am in the process of collecting some data for our schools and wanted to confirm which of our programs have summer programs available for early learners and run program for five or more weeks in the summer. (Also this is Non-Covid time, so if you typically run in the summer, but did not last year due to the pandemic that is okay – looking at non-pandemic history). Below are the schools that I believe are running summer programs for 5 or more weeks. Please let me know if I have your school on this list in error OR if your school is missing from the list. Thank you!
|Christ the King|
|Holy Rosary Seattle|
|Our Lady of Guadalupe|
REPEAT FROM LAST WEEK: Please complete survey to determine your preferred meeting days/times:
Thank you to those that had the opportunity to complete this survey last week. If you have not had the chance yet please complete by Friday, November 13th. Throughout the year we will gather early learning leaders (occasionally and virtually) in small and larger groups to connect, share resources, discuss relevant issues and engage in a variety of Professional Development opportunities. I am hoping that you can fill out the attached survey so I have a list of the preferred meeting times for each of you. Then, as I am scheduling meetings I can make sure that I am scheduling during these times. My hope is that this will create a quicker way to schedule conversations rather than creating back and forth email strings. Please click on the link below and check all that will work for you! This survey is just for the Early Learning Leader, not the rest of your staff team.
Licensed ONLY: Professional Development Plans
This past Winter DCYF updated the Hiring, Education and In-service requirements for staff working in Licensed Programs. I have included a link to a webinar that does a great job of explaining the changes. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymJ3OfXjEM&feature=youtu.be ). One of the changes that will go into effect will be professional development plans for each staff. This past week DCYF released an updated timeline for when Professional Development Plans will go into effect with some helpful upcoming webinars to put on your calendar. Please see timeline below and let me know if you have any questions.
- This fiscal year (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021):
- DCYF licensors will not check for annual progress towards education for full staff qualifications.
- This includes no need for a professional development plan this year (WAC 0100).
- Providers must still meet the hiring education, unless otherwise approved by their licensor.
- You still must complete your 10 hours of in-service (STARS hours)
- Next fiscal year (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022):
- The workforce registry, MERIT, will have an indicator where providers can select what option they will choose to meet the licensing staff qualifications.
- December’s webinar will go over some of these features/updates, find webinar details here. [content.govdelivery.com]
- November’s Webinar: Live Q&A on the PDP
- Description: The Professional Development team will respond to commonly asked questions about the PDP and meeting one’s staff qualifications.
- Date: Tuesday, Nov. 17
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Registration: Register for the webinar here. [dcyf.zoom.us]
- Fall Webinar Series:
- If you’re were unable to join October’s webinar but would like to submit a question for Novembers Q&A webinar, please email our MERIT team.
Licensed ONLY: DCYF Fall Covid-19 Grants Application is Open
I sent individual emails last week, but wanted to include the information here as well. The DCYF Fall Covid-19 Grant Application is now open. Please see below for information on how to apply.
How to Apply
Interested providers will log into the WA Compass Provider Portal [lnks.gd] and select the DCYF Fall COVID-19 Grant pop-up to apply for the grant.
The grant will close Wednesday, Nov. 25, at 11:59 p.m.
Have a great week!