Summer 2019 Professional Development Offerings – Recommended by OCS
Friday, August 16, 2019 VIRTUS TRAINING as a Component of NEW TEACHER ORIENTATION. Time: 9 AM – NOON. Location: St. Philomena School, Des Moines. Click here for registration information.
Saturday, August 17, 2019: WABIDA DYSLEXIA FAMILY FAIR – August 17, 2019 9 AM to 12:30 PM Location: Hamlin Robinson School 1701 20th Avenue South Seattle, Washington 98144 (206) 763-1167. The Washington State Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (WABIDA) serves as a resource for individuals and the groups seeking information about specific language disability/dyslexia; promotes and organizes classes and workshops to provide information for individuals with dyslexia, educators, parents and others; encourages the development of resources for individuals with dyslexia; recognizes achievement for individual efforts in the field of dyslexia; and when possible, offers monetary support for any of our stated goals. www.wabida.org Click here to register!
Monday, August 19, 2019 “Let’s Talk about Diversity! Building Discernment and Skills for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Our Schools” – Presenter: Alison Park. This day is sponsored by the Fulcrum Foundation Diversity Committee. Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. (Mass: 8 AM; Workshop 9 – 3 PM) St. Thomas Parish (FREE PARKING), 4415 S 140th St. Tukwila, WA 98168. Who: Archdiocese of Seattle staff, teachers, administrators, all are welcome! Why: Learn language, tools, and practices to support DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion). Cost: FREE – sponsored by The Fulcrum Foundation. Lunch will be provided. Clock Hours: YES! Whether you’re new to the discussion or a passionate diversity practitioner, please join us! CLICK HERE to register. AGENDA: Let’s Talk about Diversity Training Agenda Aug 19 2019
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 Follett-DESTINY Library Software Training for DESTINY Librarians. Location: The Chancery. 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 Grade 7 Missionary Discipleship Institute (MDI) Teacher Formation Day. Location: TBA 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. REGISTER HERE!
Tuesday – Wednesday, August 20-21, 2019 The 2019 Annual Private Schools Summer Conference. Location: Seattle, Seattle Pacific University. 9 a.m.– 4 p.m. Differentiation: Practical Strategies for Implementation. Each conference is:
- FREE to private school educators employed by State Board of Education approved private schools
- Preschool teachers can use the training for STARS credit
- Each session will contain the same content and materials. Details on the conference topic to come.
- Training materials are included
- Provides free clock hours! Registration: Click here to register. The last day to register for all conference dates will be May 31. No late registrations will be accepted. Conference Meals: Title II, Part A Office at the U.S. Department of Education does not allow the use of federal funds to provide food and beverages at meetings or professional development training sessions. We encourage all conference participants to plan accordingly. For more information, please call: 360-725-6361 or email email@example.com
Thursday, August 22, 2019 Grade 7 Missionary Discipleship Institute (MDI) Teacher Formation Day. Location: TBA 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. REGISTER HERE!